OFR Hours and Location
|8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
|7 G Street, NW, Suite A-734 (agency drop off only*)
|Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays
|732 N. Capitol Street, NW (all other business**)
|Washington, DC 20401
You must have a government-issued photo ID to enter the GPO building.
* No appointment necessary.
** If not dropping off documents, you must make an appointment to visit the OFR.
Documents for publication
We must have a valid, original signature that we can authenticate before we can accept a document for publication. The only digitally-signed document that meets that criteria is an electronically-signed Word file sent through the webportal (opton 1). If you (or your agency) can't electronically-sign documents or use the webportal, contact email@example.com. We may have a solution that will allow for electronic signature or use of the webportal. If we cannot work out a solution, you must send the paper package (option 2).
Transmit document through the webportal at any time
- Request an account
- Learn how to sign documents
- Learn how to submit documents
- Read more about the process (DDH, Appendix B)
Send physical document to our office for receipt only during office hours. Include:
- 1 physically-signed paper original
- CD with Word file (.docx) of the document
- Physically-signed paper letter certifying that the document on the disc matches the original
Do NOT use USPS —
- While we can receive mail delivery from our mailroom in College Park, MD, we cannot guarantee it will arrive in a timely fashion.
Do NOT include floppy (3 1/2") disks
- We can only accept CDs; we no longer can accept floppy disks
We cannot accept paper materials for IBR approval under OMB Memorandum M-19-21 (as updated by OMB/NARA Memorandum M-23-07)..The IBR Handbook contains the procedures for transmitting requests for IBR approval. See How Do I Request Approval for an IBR? for more information.