Education and Training Materials
Security education plays a critical role in the effectiveness of an agency's information security program. The Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) continues to explore ways to coordinate the dissemination of as many security education aids as possible and to develop them within the context of budgetary considerations. Below are Security, Classification Management, CUI, Markings, and Industry training aids.
Marking Classified National Security Information (Updated January 2018)
ISOO has issued a Marking Handbook to reflect updates in marking procedures for classified national security information resulting from the issuance of Executive Order 13526 and 32 CFR Parts 2001 and 2003.
Marking Controlled Unclassified Information(Version 1.1 – December 6, 2016)
ISOO has issued a Marking Handbook to reflect marking procedures for controlled unclassified information. For more information please visit CUI Policy and guidance:
- Basics of Classification Management
- Step 1-Portion Marking
- Step 2-Overall Classification
- Step 3-Classification Authority Block
- Basic Marking Requirements for E-mail
- Derived from-Multiple Sources
- Reasons and Exemptions
- Original vs. Derivative Classification
- Derivative Classification| Video
- Legacy Markings
- Delegation of Original Classification Authority
- Training Requirements
- Mandatory Declassification Review Information| Video
- Classification Challenges Video
Courses on security training, derivative classification, and other professional certifications.
Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) Provides a center of excellence for security training, professionalization, education, certification, research, and multimedia for the security community. For more information please visit: Center for Development of Security Excellence