Archives.gov Redesign Participation
The National Archives redesign is never done!
- Address sections related to the other top user tasks.
- Centralize similar content to improve access to holdings.
Thanks to your input, the National Archives redesigned website is:
- Listed in the Top 5 Government Agency Websites - GovLoop - Social Network for Government
The National Archives lands itself on our top 5 for its sheer simplicity in design, and usability.
- Number 7 in the Plain Writing Index (tied with NASA) - VisibleThread Ranks Federal Websites for Plain Language and Transparency - view the Full Report
- Selected as a winner in the Website: Government category at the Communicator Awards
- Selected as a winner in the Website / Dynamic Media: Public Sector category at the ClearMark Awards - Center for Plain Language
Good job identifying key audiences and knowing what they want.
Top tasks are easy to find.
Home page and most topic portal pages fit on one screen.
Very clean look and feel.
The site carries top-level navigation to secondary sections.
A very simple-to-use site!