Comparison of Drying Methods
Most metal fasteners displayed corrosion in the short period of time in which they had been exposed to water. Staples, paper clips, and other metal fasteners all exhibited rust. Items that were air-dried or vacuum freeze-dried displayed the least amount of corrosion.
- Contact vendors to become acquainted with their services and drying technologies before an event strikes.
- Gain an understanding of the particular processes available.
- Check references and evaluate carefully.
- Specify the exact treatment desired
- request that no alternative treatments be performed without expressed permission
- make sure terminology is clear.