August 21, 2019
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: August 27, 2019 Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) Meeting
The next Agency Services’ Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
The meeting will be held in the McGowan Theater at the National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Metrorail's Yellow and Green lines stop at the Archives/Navy Memorial Station right across the street. Use the Special Events entrance on Constitution Avenue (used as an exit by the general public).
Come early for coffee and donuts with your Federal Records Centers Program Account Managers, Appraisal Archivists, and other NARA staff you work with from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the lobby outside McGowan Theater, one floor down from the entrance.
The main BRIDG Meeting begins at 10:00 and ends at noon. Here is the latest agenda:
● Welcome and Speaker Introductions - Laurence Brewer, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government
● FRCP Fiscal Year 2020 Updates - Gordon Everett, Director of Customer Relationship Management, Federal Records Centers Program
● OMB/NARA Memo M-19-21, Transition to Electronic Records - Laurence Brewer and Jay Trainer, Executive for Agency Services
● Overview of Schedule 36 and How It Supports M-19-21 - Matthew Mastronardo and Bob Valente, Federal Acquisition Service at US General Services Administration
● Reporting Data Overview - Don Rosen, Director of Records Management Oversight and Reporting
● ReMIS Overview - Jill Snyder, Training Specialist
● AROC Bulletin - Michelle Bradley, Records Management Training Program Supervisor
● Training Materials Catalog Demo - Gary Rauchfuss, Director of Records Management Training Program
To participate live via the National Archives YouTube Channel, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og5x15N905c
In the afternoon, Federal agency records management professionals are encouraged to take advantage of an opportunity to meet with their Appraisal Archivists from Team 2 and Team 4 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the Washington Conference Room on the Mezzanine Level. Reservations are required for these afternoon meetings, so please email Andrea.Shahmohammadi@nara.gov to reserve your spot.
Please take note of NARA’s BRIDG Cancellation Policy posted on our website.
NARA encourages agencies to participate in BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to make a presentation or lead a discussion, please email RMPolicy@nara.gov.
If you have any questions about BRIDG, please email email@example.com or visit our BRIDG page at https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/meetings/index.html.
Thank you for your participation.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
DAVID M. WEINBERG
Federal Records Centers Program