February 05, 2019
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) Meeting
The next Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) meeting, hosted by NARA’s Agency Services, will take place on Thursday, February 21, 2019. If NARA is not working on that date due to a lapse in funding, the meeting will be canceled. Please also be aware that NARA’s policy on cancellation due to inclement weather is posted on our website.
The meeting will be held in the McGowan Theater at the National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Metrorail's Yellow and Green lines stop at the Archives/Navy Memorial Station right across the street. Use the Special Events entrance on Constitution Avenue (used as an exit by the general public).
Come early for coffee and donuts with your Federal Records Centers Program Account Managers, Appraisal Archivists, and other NARA staff you work with from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the lobby outside McGowan Theater, one floor down from the entrance.
The main BRIDG Meeting begins at 10:00 and ends at noon.
Here is the agenda for this BRIDG meeting:
- Opening Remarks and Speaker Introductions - Laurence Brewer, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government
- Customer/Agency Engagement with the Federal Records Centers Program During Government Shutdowns - Gordon Everett, Director of FRCP Customer Relationship Management
- Current Digitization Services Offered by the FRCP - David Miller, Director of Records Management Services for the Federal Records Centers Program (FRCP)
- Posting Record Schedules - Margaret Hawkins, Director of NARA Scheduling and Transfer
- NARA Records Management Training Update - Gary Rauchfuss, Director of NARA Training and Education
- Records Management Web Site Changes - James Stossel, Outreach Specialist, Records Management Policy and Outreach Program
- NARA Reporting Period Reminder and Highlights - Donald Rosen, Director of NARA Oversight and Reporting
- NARA Digitization Regulation Update - Lisa Haralampus, Director of NARA Policy and Guidance
- Question and Answer Session - NARA Agency Services Management
- Wrap-up and Announcements - Laurence Brewer
To view the meeting live via the National Archives YouTube Channel, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fh7QX_KSJs
In the afternoon, Federal agency records management professionals are encouraged to take advantage of an opportunity to meet with their Appraisal Archivists from Teams 2 and 4, FRCP Account Managers, and Records Accessioning Staff from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the Washington Conference Room on the Mezzanine Level. Reservations are required for these afternoon meetings, so please e-mail Richard.Noble@nara.gov to reserve your spot. Margaret Hawkins will be on hand to augment her BRIDG presentation with a more in-depth discussion of Posting Records Schedules for Public Comment.
NARA encourages agencies to participate in BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to make a presentation or lead a discussion, please email James.Stossel@nara.gov.
If you have any questions about BRIDG, please email email@example.com or visit our BRIDG website at https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/meetings/index.html. Thank you for your participation.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
DAVID M. WEINBERG
Federal Records Centers Program