Holocaust-Related Records at the National Archives
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is an international epicenter of Holocaust-related research. NARA holds millions of records created or received by the U.S. Government during and after World War II that document Nazi war crimes, wartime refugee issues, and activities and investigations of U.S. Government agencies involved in the identification and recovery of looted assets (including gold, art, and cultural property)-as well as captured German records used as evidence at the International Military Tribunal (IMT) at Nuremberg, U.S. military tribunals at Nuremberg, and U.S. Army courts.
What are you researching?
What are people asking on History Hub about Holocaust Records?
- Seeking Roster for 45th Inf Division WW2
- Seeking information on James William Middleton, Jr
- Seeking list of postwar prisoners held by US in Dachau
- Seeking records on women liberated by Army forces
- Seeking military records about Gregory Michael Barberio