French Spoliation Claims, an article in Prologue.
- Great Lakes Crew Lists
- Great Lakes Vessel Enrollments Database, 1815-1915: a project of the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society (Copies of the enrollments may be obtained from NARA.)
- Lighthouses: Basic Search Path for Records
- Maritime Accidents and Casualties (Wreck Reports), in the National Archives at Chicago
- Maritime Records in the National Archives at Boston
- Records About Impressed Seamen, 1793-1814
- Seamen's Protection Certificates, an article in Prologue.
- Slave Manifests of Coastwise Vessels Filed at New Orleans, Louisiana, 1807-1860
- Vessel Documents (describes available microfilm publications)
- Records Relating to Vessel Documentation in the National Archives at Chicago