#RememberingVietnam Social Media Campaign
In honor of the opening of our exhibit, “Remembering Vietnam,” we invite you to participate in our new social media campaign.
What: Join us on Twitter and Instagram to share your memories, letters, documents, photographs, mementos, and collections related to the people who experienced the conflict in Vietnam.
Who: Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums, and other institutions are welcome. We would also love to see personal artifacts, photographs, and documents from the public, including soldiers and civilians who served in Vietnam, protesters, Vietnamese-Americans, refugees, and others.
How: Each day will have its own theme--all you need to do is share a related document, photo, image, or artifact using the hashtag #RememberingVietnam on Twitter and Instagram.
When: The campaign will start on Monday, November 6, and end with the exhibit opening on Friday, November 10.
- Monday, November 6: Portraits
- Share photos, drawings, and other images of the people who experienced the war in Vietnam.
- Tuesday, November 7: Mementos
- What artifacts have you kept that remind you of the Vietnam War?
- Wednesday, November 8: Snapshots
- Share your images from daily life in Vietnam and on the homefront.
- Thursday, November 9: Letters
- Share correspondence sent to, from, or about Vietnam from your holdings or personal archive.
- Friday, November 10: Vietnam Veterans
- Honor a Vietnam veteran by sharing images of his or her life during and after the war
Where: Twitter and Instagram
National Archives Participants