Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents
Online Availability: 1993 forward
The Compilation of Presidential Documents collection is composed of the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents and its predecessor, the Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents*. It is published by the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) under the authority of the Federal Register Act, (44 U.S.C. Ch. 15; 1 CFR part 10).
Documents and releases from the White House Office of the Press Secretary are edited by staff at the Office of the Federal Register for accuracy and completeness, annotated, and indexed for greater searchability:
- Addresses and Remarks and Addresses to the Nation
- Statements and Joint Statements
- Appointments and Nominations
- Bill Signings and Vetoes
- Communications to Congress and Federal Agencies
- Executive Orders and Proclamations
- Notices, Orders, and Directives
- Letters and Messages
- Press Conferences, Exchanges With Reporters, and Interviews
- Meetings With Foreign Leaders and International Officials and Joint News Conferences
- Resignations and Retirements
Recent Presidential Documents From the Collection
For the entire collection, please see GovInfo's browse tool. Suggested Citation Form for the Daily Compilation: Daily Comp. Pres. Docs., 2009 DCPD No. 00001, p. 3. The citation is to material published in the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents in the year 2009, in the first document, on page three.
* The Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents first began in 1965 as a printed pamphlet. Weekly Compilation documents are available as ASCII text and Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. From 1977 onward, all material appearing in the Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents and the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents is incorporated into the Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States.