Publications System: Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents
- As an electronic publication, free of charge, on the GPO Federal Digital System service, maintained by the U.S. Government Printing Office
The Compilation of Presidential Documents collection is composed of the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents and its predecessor, the Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents. It is published by the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), under the authority of the Federal Register Act (44 U.S.C. Ch. 15; 1 CFR Part 10).
This collection serves as the official publication of Presidential statements, messages, remarks, and other material released by the White House Press Secretary and integrates material from the weekly publication dating from 1993, with Daily Compilation materials as published from January 20, 2009 – forward.
The Daily Compilation is updated frequently, as information is released by the White House press office to Federal Register editors. Documents appearing in the Compilation of Presidential Documents collection are edited for accuracy and annotated with additional information to provide an authoritative record of the Presidency. It includes such material as:
- Speeches and press conferences
- Communications to Congress and Federal agencies
- Statements regarding bill signings and vetoes
- Executive orders and proclamations
- Appointments and nominations
- Resignations and retirements
- Reorganization plans
- Acts approved by the President
- Nominations submitted to the Senate
- White House announcements and press releases