Other Places to Research Presidential Materials
The Presidential Libraries are not the only locations to research Presidential papers.
- Search the Public Papers of the Presidents
- Browse digital copies of presidential documents and photographs in the National Archives Catalog.
You can also visit the ALIC Library or any of these web sites:
Library of Congress
Manuscript Division Madison Building
101 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20504-4680
Administrative Offices: 202-707-5383
Reading Room: 202-707-5387
Web Site: https://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- The Manuscript Division holds papers of the following Presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James K. Polk, Zachary Taylor, Franklin Pierce, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. Grant, James A. Garfield, Chester A. Arthur, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, and Calvin Coolidge.
Massachusetts Historical Society
1154 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Web Site: www.masshist.org
- The Massachusetts Historical Society holds papers of Presidents John Adams and John Quincy Adams.
Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society
25 Nottingham Court
Buffalo, NY 14202
Telephone: 716-873-9644 x 301
Web Site: www.bechs.org
- The Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society holds papers of President Millard Fillmore.
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
1300 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Web Site: www.hsp.org
- The Historical Society of Pennsylvania holds papers of President James Buchanan.
Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
1337 Hayes Avenue
Fremont, OH 43420
Web Site: www.rbhayes.org
- The Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center holds papers of President Rutherford B. Hayes.
Ohio Historical Center
1982 Velma Avenue
Columbus, OH 43211
Web Site: https://www.ohiohistory.org/
- The Ohio Historical Center Archives/Library holds papers of President Warren G. Harding.
Stanford, California 94305-6010
Web Site: http://www.hoover.org/
- The Hoover Institute holds papers of President Herbert Hoover.