October 9, 2018
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) Meeting on Thursday, October 25, 2018
The next Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) meeting, hosted by NARA’s Agency Services, will take place on Thursday, October 25, 2018.
The meeting will be held in the McGowan Theater at the National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Metrorail's Yellow and Green lines stop at the Archives/Navy Memorial Station right across the street. Use the Special Events entrance on Constitution Avenue (used as an exit by the general public).
Come early for coffee and donuts with your Federal Records Centers Program Account Managers and Appraisal Archivists from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Washington Conference Room on the mezzanine level.
The main BRIDG Meeting begins at 10:00 and ends at noon.
Here is the agenda for this BRIDG meeting:
- Opening Remarks and Speaker Introductions - Laurence Brewer, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government
- WNRC Update - Christopher Pinkney, Division Director Operations - DC
- ISOO Update - Mark Bradley, Director, Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO)
- OGIS Update - Alina Semo, Director, Office of Government Information Services (OGIS)
- ERA 2.0 Update - Sam McClure, Electronic Records Program Director, and David Lake, Program Manager - ERA, Portfolio Management Division, Information Services
- 2019 Annual Move - Matt Eidson, Supervisor, Permanent Records Capture Team
- FRC 2020 Transactional Billing Rates - Jeff Lunsford, Chief Financial Analyst, Federal Records Centers Program
- The New Essential Records Guide - Preston Huff, Archives Specialist, Records Management Policy and Outreach Program
- Records Management Web Site Changes - Jim Stossel, Outreach Specialist, Records Management Policy and Outreach Program
- Wrap-up and Announcements - Laurence Brewer
To view the meeting live via the National Archives YouTube Channel, please visit https://www.youtube.com/
In the afternoon, Federal agency records management professionals are encouraged to take advantage of an opportunity to meet with their Appraisal Archivists from Team 3, FRCP Account Managers, and Records Accessioning Staff from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the Washington Conference Room on the Mezzanine Level. Reservations are required for these afternoon meetings, so please e-mail Kate.Flaherty@nara.gov to reserve your spot.
NARA encourages agencies to participate in BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to make a presentation or lead a discussion, please email James.Stossel@nara.gov.
If you have any questions about BRIDG, please email rm.communications@nara.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
DAVID M. WEINBERG
Federal Records Centers Program