April 02, 2019
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: April 2019 Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) Meeting
The next Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG) meeting, hosted by NARA’s Agency Services, will take place on Monday, April 15, 2019. Please take note of NARA’s BRIDG Cancellation Policy posted on our website.
The meeting will be held in the McGowan Theater at the National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Metrorail's Yellow and Green lines stop at the Archives/Navy Memorial Station right across the street. Use the Special Events entrance on Constitution Avenue (used as an exit by the general public).
Come early for coffee and donuts with your Federal Records Centers Program Account Managers, Appraisal Archivists, and other NARA staff you work with from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the lobby outside McGowan Theater, one floor down from the entrance.
The main BRIDG Meeting begins at 10:00 and ends at noon.
Here is the agenda for this BRIDG meeting:
- Opening Remarks and Speaker Introductions - Laurence Brewer, Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government
- Agency Disposition Profile Reports - David Williams, Account Manager, Federal Records Centers Program (FRCP)
- Current Digitization Services Offered by the FRCP - David Miller, Director of Records Management Services for the FRCP
- Posting Record Schedules - Margaret Hawkins, Director of NARA Records Management Scheduling and Transfer
- NARA Records Management Training Update - Gary Rauchfuss, Director of NARA Records Management Training and Education
- NARA Digitization Regulation Update - Lisa Haralampus, Director of NARA Records Management Policy and Guidance
- Records Management Web Site Changes - Jim Stossel, Outreach Specialist, Records Management Policy and Outreach
- Question and Answer Session - NARA Agency Services Managers
- Wrap-up and Announcements - Laurence Brewer
To participate live via the National Archives YouTube Channel, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfNhLI_Icv0
In the afternoon, Federal agency records management professionals are encouraged to take advantage of an opportunity to meet with their Appraisal Archivists from Teams 2, 3, and 4, FRCP Account Managers, and Records Accessioning Staff from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the Washington and Jefferson Conference Rooms on the Mezzanine Level. Reservations are required for these afternoon meetings, so please e-mail Richard.Noble@nara.gov to reserve your spot. Margaret Hawkins will be on hand to augment her BRIDG presentation with a more in-depth discussion of Posting Records Schedules for Public Comment.
NARA encourages agencies to participate in BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to make a presentation or lead a discussion, please email James.Stossel@nara.gov.
If you have any questions about BRIDG, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our BRIDG page at https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/meetings/index.html. Thank you for your participation.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
DAVID M. WEINBERG
Federal Records Centers Program