June 8, 2015
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: NARA's Agency Services Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG), Wednesday, June 17, 2015
To view the current 2015 Agency Services BRIDG meeting schedule, go to: BRIDG Meeting Dates, Times and Location.
The meeting will be held at the National Archives and Records Administration downtown building, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (Metrorail's Yellow or Green lines to the Archives/Navy Memorial station) in the McGowan Theater. Please enter on the Constitution Avenue side of the building, the "Special Events" entrance (which is actually the exit for the general public).
We will begin with an informal networking hour from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Jefferson Conference Room (mezzanine level). The BRIDG meeting will run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the McGowan Theater (basement level). A Staff Meet and Greet for Appraisal Team 1 agency staff will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Jefferson Room (mezzanine level).
Meeting agenda items include the following:
- John P. Fitzpatrick, Director, Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO), will update agencies on the recently posted draft Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) rule. This new rule is available for public review until July 7.
- David Miller, FRCP Director Records Management Services , will discuss records management consulting services offered through the Federal Records Centers Program.
- Laurence Brewer, Director, National Records Management Program, will discuss agency approaches to scheduling existing unscheduled records in accordance with the Managing Government Records directive Requirement 2.5, including action plans and other resources to help agencies achieve the goal.
- Alex Daverede, Supervisor, National Declassification Center (ANDC) will discuss the general requirements for Federal agencies related to the review of classified accessions of permanent records before transfer to NARA.
- Andrea Riley, Supervisor, General Records Schedules (GRS) Team, will present on the soon to be released GRS Transmittal 24 (expected in early July). She will talk about the significant changes agencies can expect in the new schedules and will go over what agencies need to do when a new transmittal is issued.
Please visit this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-h1MAwqCg4) to view the meeting via the National Archives YouTube Channel.
To reserve a place for the Agency Services BRIDG meeting, please provide your name, telephone number, and agency name via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than on Monday, June 15, 2015. You may reserve places for several staff in the same email, but for security purposes we must have each individual's name, telephone number, and email address.
The Staff Meet and Greet will provide an opportunity to meet with Appraisal Archivists and the supervisor from Appraisal Team 1, FRC account managers, records accessioning staff. All agencies listed as part of Team 1 are encouraged to attend this meeting.
To reserve a place for the Staff Meet and Greet, a reservation is required. Send an email to email@example.com to RSVP. You can include your RSVP for the Staff Meet and Greet in the same email for the Agency Services BRIDG meeting RSVP.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. NARA encourages agencies to participate at BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to lead a discussion, please reply to this RM Communications.
NARA reserves the right to postpone or cancel a meeting at any time. See: NARA’s meeting cancellation policy.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
Federal Records Centers Program