Agency Permanent Records
Permanent records are Federal records that have been determined by NARA to have sufficient value to warrant their preservation in the National Archives even while they remain in agency custody. Permanent records are those for which the disposition is permanent as documented on a records schedule in the Electronic Records Archives (ERA) or SF-115, Request for Records Disposition Authority, approved by NARA on or after May 14, 1973. The term also applies to all records accessioned by NARA into the National Archives of the United States.
See links below for guidance and information about Agency Permanent Records:
- Transferring Permanent Records to the National Archives
- Annual Move
- How do I access my permanent records after NARA takes legal custody?
- Listing of Agency Assigned Record Groups
- How do I locate my permanent legacy SF-115s?
- Withdrawing Permanent Records from a Records Center
- Protecting Permanent Records
For additional questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org