Veterans' Service Records

War Babe Requests


The War Babes agreement, signed in 1990 and approved by the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, applies to requests from "foreign children of American servicemen who served overseas...and fathered children during their service abroad." This agreement stipulates the extent to which NPRC must search for and provide information from potentially responsive records when the requester is unable to provide complete or precise identifying information about the veteran in question. It also requires NPRC to disclose several items of information in addition to those releasable under the Freedom of lnformation Act (5 U.S.C. 552) to the general public, as follows: Date of birth; city/town and state of residence and date of address; marital status; dependents and for deceased veterans only, the full home addresses in the record.

How to Request: 

If you would like to submit a War Babe request, you can download or print the Search Information & Request Sheet. Once completed please email to, or mail to: 

National Personnel Records Center
ATTN: Robert E. Horner, Room 360 I Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138