National Archives at Boston (Waltham, Massachusetts)
Frederick C. Murphy Federal Center
We hold the permanent records of Federal agencies and courts located in the six-state New England region:
- CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
We also house some federal military records pertaining to New England-based installations and units, including:
- Cadet Records of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Civil War draft, muster, and recruiting records
- records of the New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- records of Springfield Armory
- records of Watertown Arsenal
- records of the U.S. Coast Guard
- records of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps
- Merchant Marine vessel logbooks
Hours and Address
380 Trapelo Road
Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
Toll Free Telephone: (866) 406-2379
Telephone: (781) 663-0144
Fax: (781) 663-0154
We respond to all requests within ten (10) business days of their receipt.
The research room at the National Archives at Boston is open by appointment only, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Please email email@example.com for more information or to request a research room appointment.
Use the National Archives Catalog, finding aids, guides to records, online research tools; find ordering information, and much more.