National Archives at Boston
Frederick C. Murphy Federal Center
We hold the permanent records of Federal agencies and courts located in the six-state New England region:
- CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
We also house some federal military records pertaining to New England-based installations and units, including:
- Cadet Records of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Civil War draft, muster, and recruiting records
- records of the New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- records of Springfield Armory
- records of Watertown Arsenal
- records of the U.S. Coast Guard
- records of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps
- Merchant Marine vessel logbooks
National Archives at Boston (Waltham, Massachusetts)
380 Trapelo Road
Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
Toll Free Telephone: (866) 406-2379
Telephone: (781) 663-0144
Fax: (781) 663-0154
We respond to all requests within ten (10) business days of their receipt.
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed to the public on Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal Holidays
No original records will be pulled after 4:00 p.m.
We encourage researchers wishing to use original records to schedule an appointment prior to visiting.
Use the National Archives Catalog, finding aids, guides to records, online research tools; find ordering information, and much more.