National Archives at Boston (Waltham, Massachusetts)
Frederick C. Murphy Federal Center
We hold the permanent records of Federal agencies and courts located in the six-state New England region:
- CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT
We also house some federal military records pertaining to New England-based installations and units, including:
- Cadet Records of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy
- Civil War draft, muster, and recruiting records
- records of the New England District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- records of Springfield Armory
- records of Watertown Arsenal
- records of the U.S. Coast Guard
- records of the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps
- Merchant Marine vessel logbooks
Hours and Address
380 Trapelo Road
Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
Toll Free Telephone: (866) 406-2379
Telephone: (781) 663-0144
Fax: (781) 663-0154
We respond to all requests within ten (10) business days of their receipt.
The research room at the National Archives at Boston is closed due to an increase in COVID-19 cases in Middlesex County, MA. Once public health conditions improve and we are able to reopen the research room, we will update our website with additional information.
Use the National Archives Catalog, finding aids, guides to records, online research tools; find ordering information, and much more.