Document Drafting Resources
These resources help writers draft effective, understandable documents for publication in the Federal Register.
- Incorporation by Reference (IBR) Handbook – includes policy issues that agencies should consider when incorporating material by reference as well as the process and legal requirements for requesting IBR approval. .
- Federal Register Document Drafting Handbook – helps agencies prepare documents for publication in the Federal Register.
- Withdrawing Documents – specifies how to withdraw documents at different stages of the Federal Register publication process.
- Drafting Legal Documents – includes style guidelines and formatting requirements for regualtory documents.
- Thesaurus of Indexing Terms – contains "List of Subjects" entries to use when drafting documents for Federal Register publication.
- List of CFR Subjects (Arranged by Title) – contains terms assigned to a specific CFR parts.
- Index of Laws Relating to Publishing in the Federal Register