Records Scheduling (KA3)
NARA ended its Certificate of Federal Records Management Training program in 2019.
The Knowledge Area courses are now obsolete and have been removed from NARA’s website.
The Records Management Training Program now offers self-paced e-learning modules on a variety of records management topics. You will find a complete list of all currently available materials in our Training Materials Catalog. https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/training/training-catalog
The topics covered by the Knowledge Area 3 workshop can now be found in free, shorter, self-paced online lessons, including:
- What is a Records Schedule?
- Finding Your Records Control Schedules on NARA’s Website
- Participate in a Records Inventory
- Identifying Unscheduled Records
- Drafting a Records Schedule for Submission to NARA
- Apply the General Records Schedules (GRS)
These, and many more lessons on new topics, can be found in our Training Materials Catalog.