Marine Corps Records
Please note: Although some of these records have been digitized and made available online, there are many records that are only available in paper or microfilm format at NARA locations.
In the National Archives, researchers can find records on the United States Marine Corps ranging from the capturing of the shores of Tripoli to the doctrine of modern amphibious and combined arms operations. In facilities across the country, the National Archives preserves and makes available the permanent records of the offices of the United States Marine Corps (USMC). As you plan your research, consider these questions: when, where and what commands held jurisdiction within the U.S. Marine Corps?
What are you researching?
What are people asking on History Hub about Marine Corps Records?
- Seeking Coast Guard veteran records and associations
- Re: looking for a navy wave, Joan Daily, in uniform 1952-1956
- Seeking Marine records for husband
- Re: Seeking US Navy ship with name beginning with the letter ' M ' that sailed from Camp Lejeune to Turkey in 1973
- Re: Seeking records of Camp Lejeune identification badges