Marine Corps Records
Please note: Although some of these records have been digitized and made available online, there are many records that are only available in paper or microfilm format at NARA locations.
In the National Archives, researchers can find records on the United States Marine Corps ranging from the capturing of the shores of Tripoli to the doctrine of modern amphibious and combined arms operations. In facilities across the country, the National Archives preserves and makes available the permanent records of the offices of the United States Marine Corps (USMC). As you plan your research, consider these questions: when, where and what commands held jurisdiction within the U.S. Marine Corps?
What are you researching?
What are people asking on History Hub about Marine Corps Records?
- RE: I’m looking for the name of a friend in the Marine Corp.
- RE: My dad served In the Hospital Evacuation Corps #1 Platoon #1 USMC in WWII. How do I find out their mission
- My dad served In the Hospital Evacuation Corps #1 Platoon #1 USMC in WWII. How do I find out their mission
- RE: Seeking any information/photos re: Maj George Francis Cummings, USMC (1921-2018) WWII Pacific Theater.
- I am looking to see where the human side of this marine who fought on Saipan, Tinian, and Okinawa with the Third Battalion, Eighth Marines, Second Marine Division. I don't know where he was born or who he was outside the war.