Military Records Research
Research by Branch
Research by War or Conflict
The National Archives holds Federal military service records from the Revolutionary War to 1912 in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. Military service records from WWI - present are held in the National Military Personnel Records Center (NPRC), in St. Louis, Missouri. See details of holdings.
Post-WWI regimental and unit records are primarily held at the National Archives in College Park, Maryland.
Research by Topic
Explore records, information, articles and resources at the National Archives organized by subject area.
What are people asking on History Hub about Military Records?
- Forum Post: RE: Seeking information on 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Division
- Forum Post: RE: Looking for original F6F-3 Hellcat blueprints.
- Forum Post: RE: I need my medical records from ft hoood. May 1971 Robert Gobron
- Forum Post: RE: US Coast Guard Cutter Mellon's deck logs from 1970. Found them yesterday
- Forum Post: RE: forms pre WWI