War of 1812
Resources in NARA
Genealogical Records of the War of 1812, article discussing Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Application Files, Military Service Records, and Naval and Marine Corps Records. Written by Stuart L. Butler, and published in Prologue 23:4 (Winter 1991).
War of 1812 Discharge Certificates, learn about discharge certificates and other records relating to the discharge of soldiers from the Regular Army, 1792-1815.
Genealogical fallout from the War of 1812, an article on Seamen's Protection Certificates written by Ruth Priest Dixon and published in Prologue 24:1 (Spring 1992).
Records about impressed seamen, 1793-1814, learn about records relating to the repatriation of American citizens impressed by foreign powers from the end of the American Revolution to the conclusion of the War of 1812.
- Index to the War of 1812 payrolls and muster rolls
- Word or phrase search provided by the Library of Virginia.
- Officers of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps in the War of 1812
- List of all commissioned and warrant officers of the Navy and Marines on the Naval Historical Center web site.
- Star-Spangled Banner and the War of 1812
- Smithsonian site on the star-spangled banner.
- United States naval history: a biography
- Naval Historical Center bibliography on naval history by period.
- War of 1812
- Frequently asked questions about the War of 1812 at the Naval Historical Center.
- The War of 1812
- Chapter 6 from American Military History, part of the Army Historical Series of the Office of the Chief of Military History, U.S. Army.