The National Archives has a wealth of records and information documenting the U.S. experience in the Vietnam conflict. These include photographs, textual and electronic records, audiovisual recordings, exhibits, educational resources, articles, blog posts, lectures, and events.
Vietnam War Topics
Explore more records, information, articles and resources at the National Archives organized by subject area.
Vietnam War Timeline
Journey through events with select records from the National Archives Catalog.
Most Popular Vietnam-Era Records
- Marine Corps Command Chronologies for the Vietnam War
- Office of Civil Operations and Rural Support (CORDS)
- Vietnam War Casualty Records, through Access to Archival Databases (AAD)
- State Lists of U. S. Fatal Casualties of the Vietnam War
- Navy Deck Logs Available in the National Archives Catalog
- Records Relating to American Prisoners of War and Missing in Action from the Vietnam War Era, 1960-1994, a Finding Aid to Records
- Record Group 472: U.S. Forces in Southeast Asia
- The Pentagon Papers
Help make records more discoverable by tagging and transcribing in the National Archives Catalog. Learn more on the Citizen Archivist Dashboard
Discover more Vietnam War resources from the National Archives, or contact us to plan a research visit.
- Explore more resources, ask questions and get research help on History Hub
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial exhibit on Google Cultural Institute
What are people asking on History Hub about Vietnam War records?
- Seeking data for those who served by branch in Southeast Asia during 1965-73
- Seeking aid with understanding acronyms in OMPF
- Looking for Marine Corps records for Mike Reeder, 1971
- Seeking statistical information about Vietnam casualties
- Was the C-135 used to return soldiers' remains from Vietnam in 1968?