WWII Casualties: U.S. Territories
U.S. Territories Index | Descriptive Information | More World War II links
National Archives Identifier: 305227Title: State Summary of War Casualties from World War II for Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Personnel from Territories and Possessions of the United States and Foreign Countries, 1946 Creator: Department of the Navy. Bureau of Naval Personnel. (1942-09/18/1947) ( Most Recent) Type of Archival Materials: Textual Records Level of Description: Item from Record Group 24: Records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel. This list identifies those men on active duty with the United States Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, whose deaths resulted directly from enemy action or from operational activities against the enemy in war zones from December 7, 1941, to the end of World War II. Casualties which occurred in the United States, or as a result of disease, homicide, or suicide anywhere are not included. Entries in the list are arranged into the following sections: Dead (Combat), Dead (Prison Camp), Missing, Wounded and Released Prisoners, and thereunder alphabetically by name. The list includes the rank of the decedent, and the name, address and relationship of next-of-kin. Location: Modern Miitary Records LICON, Textual Archives Services Division (NWCTM) National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, Md 20740-6001 PHONE:301-837-3510, FAX: 301-837-1752, EMAIL: email@example.com
For More WWII Information see:
- The Military Records page in Genealogy.
- The Military Resources: World War II page from the Archives Library Information Center (ALIC)
What are people asking on History Hub about World War II records?
- Re: 743rd Tank Battalion D Co
- Re: Seeking information about 764th Bomber Squadron of WW2 and Donald J. Smith
- Re: Looking for Records of 128th Infantry 32nd 'Red Arrow' Division WWII
- Re: Seeking WW2 Italian POW records? Name Marcello guido pomi.
- Re: DFC Citation for my Uncle James N. Price, Jr.