Volunteer Opportunities at Seattle
At this time, we are not accepting applications for volunteers. Please monitor this page for updates of when we will be accepting new applications. If you are fascinated by history, enjoy working with the public, and want a challenging, yet meaningful volunteer experience, we may have what you're looking for at the National Archives at Seattle. Enthusiasm, flexibility, and an interest in sharing your appreciation for our American heritage are all equally important values we look for in our volunteers.
Our current volunteers:
- Assist genealogical and historical researchers in the microfilm/ public access computer room by providing:
- information about records and about genealogy search processes;
- instructions on how to use equipment;
- guidance on conducting research projects.
- Assist our staff with basic processing needs, including preservation (re-boxing, re-foldering) and description (indexing).
- Index Chinese Exclusion Act Case Files and verify previous database entries.
At this time we are not accepting applications. Please monitor this page for notifications of when we will be accepting new volunteers.
Download the Volunteer Application Form
Forward your completed application to the National Archives at Seattle via mail, email, or fax. We will contact you upon receipt with more information.
National Archives at Seattle
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
6125 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115-7999
Fax: (206) 336-5132