The National Archives on GitHub
What is GitHub?
GitHub provides a platform for people around the world to share and collaborate on software development projects with simple version control and management steps. You can find us on GitHub at https://github.com/usnationalarchives and the Federal Register at https://github.com/criticaljuncture
The National Archives Digitization Services Branch has developed a number of software applications to facilitate the digitization workflows that the branch performs. Because the tools have greatly benefited our digitization staff in their work, we are sharing these tools with other organizations and the public through GitHub.
There are four software applications now available:
- Perform evaluation for an entire file directory on filename validation, file size statistical analysis, checksum calculation, and file type extraction
- Generate summary report of each file analysis result
- Automate and standardize the Quality Control checks on digitized video files
- Analyze video frame level metadata generated by the digitization process
- Provide metadata control such as embedding and editing for AVI files
- Validate file structure and metadata format based on recommendations and specifications from the U.S. National Archives, Microsoft, and IBM
- Display stream information for video and audio files
- Allow customization for data display and export formats
If you have any question regarding the GitHub projects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Privacy Notice for National Archives Content on GitHub
http://help.github.com/privacy-policy/. NARA retains records of the content on the NARA portion of this site, as is provided for in our records retention schedules and mandated by the Federal Records Act. These records include user comments and any personally identifiable information a commenter shares with NARA. Because these records are collected from a public web site, it may be disclosed to others and used by NARA in the conduct of agency business. Please do not share information such as social security numbers, birth dates, or other private information that you do not want to make available to others. NARA disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any comments posted on this page. This forum may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notice or process, or for the exhaustion of any legal and/or administrative remedy.