Available Datasets from the National Archives
National Archives Datasets
- Founders Online
Correspondence and other writings of six major shapers of the United States: George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams (and family), Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison.
- Amending America: Proposed Amendments to the United States Constitution, 1787 to 2014
This dataset provides information about more than 11,000 proposed Constitutional amendments introduced in the United States Congress from 1787 to 2014.
- White House Tapes of the Nixon Administration, 1971-1973
This dataset contains metadata about the meetings and telephone calls recorded by the White House taping system during the Nixon Administration.
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) Grants, 1965-Present
Grants awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission since 1965.
- Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), 1996-Present
The codification of the general and permanent regulations of the Federal Government published in the Federal Register.
- General Records Schedules (GRS)
The National Archives and Records Administration has posted searchable and manipulatable versions of the General Records Schedules (GRS) in comma-separated value (.csv) format on data.gov to test the usefulness of records schedule data in this format.
- Federal Register, 2000-Present
The official legal newspaper of the United States Government, documenting regulatory actions and policies of Federal agencies.
- Archival Descriptions from the National Archives Catalog
Archival descriptions of the permanent holdings of the federal government including traditional paper holdings, electronic records, and artifacts.
- Organization Descriptions from the National Archives Catalog
Highly detailed presentation of the evolution of names and administrative histories of Federal and non-Federal organizations.
- United States Government Manual
Comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
- Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States
Official series of Presidential writings, addresses, and remarks of a public nature.
- Executive Orders of the Presidents of the United States
Official documents through which the President of the United States manages the operations of the Federal Government.