FAIR Act Report
We are required by the Federal Activities Inventory Review (FAIR) Act to make this chart available to the public. This report lists the commercial and inherently governmental functions that are currently being performed by NARA employees.
Under Section 3 of the FAIR Act, our decision to include or exclude a particular activity from the Commercial Activities Inventory is subject to an appeal by an "interested party." Section 3(b) of the FAIR Act defines "interested party" as:
- A private sector source
- An actual or prospective
offerer for any contract
or other form of agreement
to perform the activity;
- Has a direct economic
interest in performing
the activity that would
be adversely affected
by a determination
not to procure the
performance of the
activity from a private
- An actual or prospective offerer for any contract or other form of agreement to perform the activity; and
- A representative of any
business or professional
association that includes
within its membership private
sector sources referred
to in A. above.
- An officer or employee
of an organization within
an executive agency that
is an actual or prospective
offerer to perform the
- The head of any labor organization referred to in section 7103(a)(4) of title 5, United States Code that includes within its membership officers or employees of an organization referred to in C. above.
We will make a decision on your challenge and notify you in writing within 28 working days after receiving the challenge. The notification will include a discussion of the rationale for the decision and, if the decision is adverse, an explanation of your right to file an appeal.
Please send your challenges to:
Performance and Accountability Office
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland 20740-6001
You may also send challenges by fax to 301-837-0319.
If you have questions, please contact Susan Ashtianie by telephone at 301-837-1490 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
FAIR Act Report Archive:
- 2015 Commercial & Inherently Governmental Activities Inventory
- 2015 Function Descriptions for OMB Function Codes
- 2014 Commercial & Inherently Governmental Activities Inventory
2014 Function Descriptions for OMB Function Codes
- 2013 Commercial & Inherently Governmental Activities Inventory
2013 Function Descriptions for OMB Function Codes
- 2012 Commercial & Inherently Governmental Activities Inventory
- 2012 Function Descriptions for OMB Function Codes