Analyze a Video
Meet the video.
- Type (check all that apply):
Animation Propaganda Promotional Training film Combat film Newsreel News report Informational Documentary Entertainment Commercial Other
- Elements (check all that apply):
Music Live action Narration Special effects Background noise Color Black and White Animation Dramatizations
- What is the mood or tone?
Observe its parts.
- List the people, objects and activities you see.
- Write one sentence summarizing this video.
Try to make sense of it.
- When is this video from?
- What was happening at the time in history it was created?
- Who made it? Who do you think is the intended audience?
- How do you think the creator wanted the audience to respond? List evidence from the video or your knowledge about who made it that led you to your conclusion.
Use it as historical evidence.
- What did you find out from this video that you might not learn anywhere else?
- What other documents or historical evidence are you going to use to help you understand this event or topic?
Materials created by the National Archives and Records Administration are in the public domain.