Immigrant Records at the National Archives
Please note: Although some of these records have been digitized and made available online, there are many records that are only available in paper or microfilm format at NARA locations.
Among the billions of historical records housed at the National Archives throughout the country, researchers can find information relating to immigrants from the late 1700s through the early 2000s. The National Archives preserves and makes available documents created by Federal agencies in the course of their daily business.
As you plan your research, consider this question: how does my research topic intersect with the US Federal Government?
What are you researching?
What are people asking on History Hub about Immigration and Naturalization Records?
- When did my grandfather attain citizenship?
- Looking for the petition for citizenship from my grandfather, John Grahek
- How do I locate school records from Italy and immigration records?
- Seeking passenger and crew lists for MV Britannic's September 1958 arrival in New York
- Seeking Naturalization Records for Giuseppe (Joseph) DeAngelis