Films about Natural Resources at the National Archives in College Park, MD
The Moving Image and Sound Branch holds an extensive collection of records pertaining to natural resources. These records document the development of the national park and national forest systems, and the use of urban and rural resources spanning the 20th century.
Materials include film, video, and audio recordings originating from federal agencies and private donors. Major topics covered include national parks and forests, national historic sites, agricultural production, natural resources, weather, conservation and the environment, and energy development.
The below list should not be treated as a complete comprehensive listing of all Record Groups or Series relating to this topic. The following Record Groups and series appear in alphanumeric order.
Record Group 16: Records of the Office of the Secretary of Agriculture
Notable Series within Record Group 16:
- General Radio Programs and Recordings Relating to Secretaries of Agriculture, 3/8/1941 - 1/19/1993 (Local Identifier: 16-GENERALa)
- Public Information and Training Motion Picture and Television Productions, (Local Identifier: 16-P)
Record Group 79: Records of the National Park Service
Notable Series within Record Group 79:
- Moving Images Relating to National Parks, (Local Identifier: 79-HFC)
- Sound Recordings Relating to National Parks, (Local Identifier: 79-HFCSa)
Record Group 95: Records of the Forest Service
Notable Series within Record Group 95:
- Forest Service Public Information Films and Public Service Announcements, 1945 - 1995 (Local Identifier: 95-GENERAL)
- Moving Images Relating to Mount Saint Helens, Washington, 1980 - 1984, (Local Identifier: 95-MSH)
Collection Henry Ford Company Collection, Series: Motion Picture Films Relating to the Ford Motor Company, the Henry Ford Family, Noted Personalities, Industry, and Numerous Americana and Other Subjects, 1903 - 1954 (Local Identifier: FC-FC)