Analyze a Sound Recording
Meet the sound recording.
- What do you hear in the sound recording? Circle all that apply.
Talking Singing Speech Music News report Interview Discussion
- Is there a title?
- If so, what does the title tell you about the recording?
Observe its parts.
- Who do you hear in the sound recording?
- What is the sound recording about?
- Write two words that describe this sound recording.
Try to make sense of it.
- Who do you think made this sound recording?
- Who do you think was supposed to hear this recording?
- When is this recording from?
- What is the main idea of the recording? List two things (words or sounds) from the recording that support the main idea.
Use it as historical evidence.
- Where do you think you could find out more information about the people or topics from this sound recording?