Meet the artwork.
- What do you see?
- What type of artwork do you think it is? Circle all that apply.
Painting Drawing/Sketch Engraving/Lithograph Mural Sculpture Mixed Media Scene/Event Portrait Landscape Abstract Other
- Is there a title?
- If so, what does the title tell you?
Observe its parts.
- Circle what you see in the artwork.
People Objects Activities
- What are the people doing in the artwork?
- What are the objects used for in the artwork?
- What activities are taking place in the artwork?
- Write two words that describe the artwork.
Try to make sense of it.
- Who do you think created the artwork?
- What time period does the artwork show?
- Why do you think it was created?
- What is the main idea of the artwork? List two examples from the artwork that support the main idea.
Use it as historical evidence.
- Where do you think you could find out more information about people or activities in the artwork?