Analyze an Artifact or Object
Meet the artifact.
- What do you think it is?
Observe its parts.
- What do you think the object is made out of? Circle all that apply.
Bone Ceramic Pottery Fabric Glass Leather Metal Paper Plastic Stone Wood
- How do you think the object feels? Circle all that apply.
Heavy Light Smooth Rough Hard Soft
- What is the color of the object?
- What is the shape of the object?
- What size is the object? Circle one.
Small like a coin Medium like a basketball Large like a car
- What are three words that describe the object?
Try to make sense of it.
- What do you think the object was used for?
- Who do you think would have used the object?
- What does the object tell us about the time period when it was made and used?
- Do we still use this object today? If so, how is it different?
Use it as historical evidence.
- Where do you think you could find out more information about the object or the people who used it?