Analyze a Poster
Meet the poster.
- What do you see?
- Are there more words or pictures?
- What do the words in the poster tell you?
- Write down any words that you don’t know. Then look up the definitions.
Observe its parts.
- What are the main colors in the poster?
- Are there any symbols?
- If so, what do they mean?
- Write two words that describe the poster.
Try to make sense of it.
- Who do you think made the poster?
- Who do you think was supposed to see the poster?
- When do you think this poster was made?
- What is the main idea of the poster? List two parts (words or pictures from the poster) that support the main idea.
Use it as historical evidence.
- Where do you think you could find out more information about the people, pictures, or messages in the poster?