January 19, 2016 MeetingWHAT: The National Archives and Records Administration's (NARA's) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Advisory Committee will host an open meeting on Tuesday, January 19, 2016. The meeting is open to the public and will focus on the FOIA issues on which the Committee will focus its efforts: FOIA oversight and accountability, proactive disclosures, and FOIA fees.
DATE AND TIME: The meeting will take place on January 19, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST. Individuals interested in attending the meeting must register for it online before 5:00 p.m. EST, January 18, 2016.
LOCATION: National Archives and Records Administration Building; 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW; Archivist's Reception Room (Room 105); Washington, DC 20408.
WHO: Speakers will include Dr. James Holzer, the FOIA Advisory Committee Chair, and FOIA Advisory Committee Members.
- Welcome and Introductions - Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero
- Introduction of Committee Members - Chairman Dr. James Holzer and Committee
- Administration - Chairman Dr. James Holzer
- Meeting Agenda
- Approval October 20, 2015 meeting minutes
- Fees Subcommittee Report - Co-Chairs Nate Jones and James Hogan
- Oversight and Accountability Subcommittee Report - Co-Chairs Mark S. Zaid and Martin Michalosky
- Proactive Disclosures Subcommittee Report - Co-Chairs Eric Gillespie and Brent Evitt
- Wrap-up and Next Steps - Chairman Dr. James Holzer
- Public Comments
- Closing Remarks and Committee Adjourns - Chairman Dr. James Holzer
MEETING MATERIALS: Meeting materials will be available online at https://ogis.archives.gov/foia-advisory-committee/meetings.htm. NARA expects to post the meeting video and transcript within 30 days of the meeting.
PROCEDURES: Individuals who wish to attend the meeting must register online in advance via Eventbrite and will be subject to security screening. Attendees must show one form of Government-issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s license) to gain admittance. Seating in the meeting room is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for the event goes live on January 4, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST. Members of the media who wish to register and those who are unable to register via Eventbrite should contact Christa Lemelin at email@example.com or 202-741-5773.
NARA welcomes the attendance of the public at its advisory committee meetings and will make every effort to accommodate persons with physical disabilities or special needs. If you require special accommodations, contacted Christa Lemelin at the phone number, mailing address, or email address listed above.
NARA will only admit individuals who received registration confirmation to the meeting.
Date Created:Dec. 15, 2015 | Last Reviewed: June 24, 2016 | Modified: June 24, 2016