FRC Communications Memos to Agency Records Officers
This is the archive of messages that are sent to the FRC Communications List. If you'd like to subscribe or change your subscription address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fiscal Year 2020
- January 22, 2020 - The Public Buildings Reform Board (PBRB) recommended that the General Services Administration (GSA) sell twelve Federal buildings.
- March 31, 2020 - FRC Temporary Closure Frequently Asked Questions
- June 30, 2020 - COVID-19 Storage Increase
- July 23, 2020 - FRC Reopening
Fiscal Year 2019
- July 29, 2019 - Circumstances that have Impeded our Ability to Process Transfers Approved for Disposal at Several Federal Records Centers (FRCs) Throughout the Country
Fiscal Year 2018
- September 25, 2018 - The National Archives and Records Administration, Washington National Records Center in Suitland, MD, has been closed since September 14, 2018
- September 19, 2018 - The Washington National Records Center in Suitland, MD will be closed through September 21, 2018
- July 06, 2018 - In an effort to address unresolved dispositions and the cost of managing records past due for disposal, effective October 1, 2018, the federal records centers program will begin charging higher storage fees for unscheduled records, temporary records past their disposal date, and permanent records past their accessioning date.
- October 02, 2018 - Established by Executive Order 13556, the Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) program standardizes the way the Executive branch handles unclassified information that requires safeguarding or dissemination controls pursuant to and consistent with law, regulations and Government-wide policies.
- October 01, 2018 - In accordance with 36 CFR 1233.20(b), the National Archives and Records Administration is required to obtain written concurrence for the disposal of records from the agency with legal custody.
Fiscal Year 2017
- June 15, 2017 - On January 6, 2017, we sent a letter in regards to improving disposal procedures through a new Communications and Disposal Module (CM/DM) in ARCIS. The letter stated that once the current pilot phase is completed, the FRCP anticipated that agencies would begin enrolling in the CM/DM disposal process by July 1. Based on customer feedback during the pilot phase, we have decided to postpone the enrollment phase to make modifications and will notify you when we are prepared to implement.
- May 01, 2017 - To prepare for our semi-annual Information Technology maintenance service, our Internet service will be limited between Friday, May 5, 2017, at 9:00 p.m. through Monday, May 8, 2017, at 6:00 a.m. During this maintenance window, agencies will be unable to access ARCIS and the ARCIS Customer Portal. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause your agency.
- January 23, 2017 - Effective February 1, 2017, the Federal Records Centers Program will assess a surcharge for non-portal transactions that are not submitted through the ARCIS Customer Portal.
- January 06, 2017 - The Federal Records Centers Program (FRCP) is improving its disposal procedures. We will soon launch the new Communications and Disposal Module (CM/DM) in the Archives and Records Centers Information System (ARCIS) Customer Portal, version 2.0. Full implementation is scheduled for October 2017.
Fiscal Year 2016
- August 14, 2016 - This memorandum provides updated planning information on the disposal of records formerly covered by the Tobacco Industry Litigation (TIL) Freeze and stored in Federal Records Centers.
- June 16, 2016 - Federal Records Centers Program implemented a new comprehensive verification process for individuals who request and/or pick up records held in the custody of the Washington National Records Center (WNRC).
- June 13, 2016 - We are dedicated to providing valuable and exceptional service. After several requests, we are pleased to inform you that we will offer Reserved Space Storage in the Federal Records Centers.
- June 10, 2016 - Effective October 1, 2016, the Federal Records Centers Program will begin charging an additional fee for certain transactions that are not submitted through the ARCIS Customer Portal.
- February 2016 - In 2015, the Federal Records Centers Program implemented a new comprehensive verification process for individuals who request and/or pick up records held in the custody of the Washington National Records Center (WNRC).
- January 12, 2016 - As of today, we have not received your signed interagency agreement to cover the cost of storing and servicing your agency's records for the current fiscal year.
Fiscal Year 2015
- July 17, 2015 - Effective September 30, 2015, the Federal Records Centers Program is Terminating the Shredding Bin Services
- February 5, 2015 - Outline of the Planned Lift of the Department of Justice's Tobacco Industry Litigation (TIL) Freeze
- November 10, 2014 - The Washington National Records Center (WNRC) is effectively full; available storage space for unclassified records is insufficient to accommodate the volume of new materials anticipated
- November 10, 2014 - Diverting All Temporary, Unclassified Records that are Approved from November 24, 2014. Forward to the Atlanta Federal Records Center (FRC) Instead of the Philadelphia FRC
- November 10, 2014 - Diverting your Agency’s Records Originally Bound for Denver to the Kingsridge Federal Records
Fiscal Year 2014
- March 14, 2014 - Anchorage Facility Closure and Relocation of Records
Fiscal Year 2013
- September 29, 2013 - Information on Federal Records Centers operations in the event of a Federal Government shutdown
- June 1, 2013 - Update on Federal Records Centers Disposal Activities
Fiscal Year 2012
- May 8, 2012 - FRC 03.2012 ARCIS is Operational
- May 7, 2012 - FRC 02.2012 ARCIS Remains Down for Maintenance on May 7
- May 2, 2012 - FRC 01.2012 ARCIS, CMRS, eMilRecs, and eVetRecs down for maintenance the weekend of May 5
Fiscal Year 2011
- September 13, 2011 - FRC 05.2011 How to access information on FRC Facebook and Twitter pages
- April 8, 2011 - FRC 04.2011 Information on Federal Records Centers operations in the event of a Federal Government shutdown
- April 5, 2011 - FRC 03.2011 Launch of Federal Records Centers Program Twitter Feed
- February 7, 2011 - FRC 02.2011 New team of Account Managers for the Federal Records Centers Program
- November 3, 2010 - FRC 01.2011 Information session on recent policy changes impacting the servicing Official Personnel Folders at the NPRC.
Fiscal Year 2010
- July 2, 2010 - FRC 04.2010 Resumption of Retrieval Services for Official Personnel Folders / Employee Medical Folders at the National Personnel Records Center
- June 16, 2010 - FRC 03.2010 Change in Procedures to Transfer and Retrieve Official Personnel Folders / Employee Medical Folders at the National Personnel Records Center
- May 14, 2010 - FRC 02.2010 Information on Federal Records Centers services for electronic media
- May 11, 2010 - FRC 01.2010 Distribution of NA Form 13001, Disposal Notification Report, and Standard Form 258, Agreement to Transfer Records to the National Archives of the United States.
Fiscal Year 2009
- September 8, 2009 - FRC 06.2009 Policy Change Regarding Inter-Agency Agreements that Cross Fiscal Years
- July 21, 2009 - FRC 05.2009 Important Information for FRC Customers Who Possess Records Potentially Responsive To Tobacco Litigation (TIL)
- May 20, 2009 - FRC 04.2009 Another Repeat Information Session on ARCIS for WNRC Customers
- May 13, 2009 - FRC 03.2009 Repeat Information Session on ARCIS for WNRC Customers
- May 4, 2009 - FRC 02.2009 Information sessions on ARCIS for WNRC Customers
- April 29, 2009 - FRC 01.2009 Important Information on ARCIS for Customers Who Transfer Records to the WNRC