Chief FOIA Officers Council (CFOC) Technology Committee 508 Compliance and Collaborative Tools Working Group Charter
Co-Chairs: Stacy Ekis
Purpose: The 508 Compliance and Collaborative Tools Working Group is established to advise and support the CFOC Technology Committee in all areas involving Section 508 compliance and accessibility with respect to not only internal customers but external customers as well. The working group will provide resources and information regarding collaboration tools and Section 508 best practices throughout the federal FOIA community and in the private sector to promote the efficient operation of FOIA programs.
- Providing resources to ensure that users with varying degrees of expertise can access information related to Section 508 compliance and collaborative tools.
- Identifying and providing useful information regarding the usage of varying collaborative tools.
- Providing recommendations and best practices to the CFOC Technology Committee and the larger FOIA professional population on Section 508 compliance.
Proposed Deliverables and Target Deadlines:
- Examine how federal agencies and the private sector use collaboration tools to promote efficiencies in communication and decision-making processes. Examine tools that are used in the federal government and private sector for Section 508 compliance. - Target deadline: February 28, 2021
This is a research deliverable.Review existing documents and reports, talk to FOIA professionals who are open to sharing their experiences, etc.Identify potential and actual solutions to address collaboration and Section 508 challenges.
- Develop a series of resource papers for collaborative tools for a FOIA Professional. - Target deadline: May 31, 2021
- Develop a series of resource papers for 508 compliance for a FOIA Professional. - Target deadline: May 31, 2021
- Participate in the Vendor Day held by the Technology Committee/Office of Information Policy (OIP)/Office of Government Information Services (OGIS).