Office of Government Information Services (OGIS)

Public Comments Submitted by Robert Hammond on February 3, 2023

See properly formatted presentation at:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23597589-centrally-funded-foia-portal-and-case-managements-platform-for-all-federal-agencies

Centrally Funded FOIA Portal and Case Managements Platform for all Federal Agencies Hyperlinked Outline

Hyperlinked Outline     2
Preface 3
Email to Chief FOIA Officers & FOIA Advisory Committee  4
Hammond Public Comments - Sample        9
Metadata for Search Engines     11

Preface

* This presentation is to compel needed change.
* I fear that the federal government may be going down the path of numerous
FOIA portals/case management platforms with disjointed procurement, costing
we taxpayers unnecessary premiums for systems that will still have to program
to the FOIA.gov draft API.
* Herein, I put forth my idea for a centrally funded FOIA portal and case
management platform for all federal agencies, along with my suggestion for an
agency with the expertise to develop such an application. Others may have
different approaches.
Email to Chief FOIA Officers & FOIA Advisory Committee