This bi-monthly newsletter brings you information about the work of the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, its grantees, and the archives and historical records fields.
Read the eNewsletter
- April 2017: Read about the new NHPRC-Mellon Digital Publishing Cooperatives, the O.O. Howard Papers, Ima Hogg, Cleveland Nature Archives, Phillis Wheatley, the fight against AIDS, and Helen Keller's friendship with Mark Twain.
- December 2016: Read about November grants, new Commission Members, the Wildlife Conservation Society, Women's Overseas Service League, the Yale Indian Papers, Tweeting the Election, and the 225th Anniversary of the Bill of Rights.
- August 2016: Read about the revised Access to Historical Records program, Jefferson's Petroglyphs, Georgia O'Keeffe and Maria Chabot, Princeton University and the Cold War, and Decoding Civil War Telegrams.
- June 2016: Read about the Archivist Awards $3.2 Million in New Grants, Pacifica Radio Archives "American Women Making History and Culture: 1963-1982" project, the Colorado 20th-Century Photography Collections Project, and Walt Whitman and Base Ball.
- April 2016: Read about our commission news, Alexander Hamilton's letter to his wife, a social media feed manager, the Uprising of '34, and Dorothy Knox.
- February 2016: Read about our grant deadlines, Celebrating African American History, Bessie Jones and the Georgia Sea Island Singers, Annie McPheeters, Grace Marilynn James, M.D., Thomas "Blind Tom" Wiggens and Maryland Manumission Records.
- December 2015: Read about our revised Strategic Plan, grant deadlines, Howard Thurman, Custer's Trials, the Dodge City Cowboy Band and Lucy Rider Meyer.
- September 2015: Read about our new Strategic Plan, Arabella Chapman, Kentucky Civil War Governors, Owen Wister material and the Thomas Edison's Talking Doll.
- July 2015: Highlights in this issue include the Award of Merit to New Mexico Board, Remembering RFK, Pioneer Days in Florida, and EPADD: Saving Email Records.
- April 2015: Read about the newest Commission members and the latest grant deadlines, the Blackwell family, Pan American World Airways, a new musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda which drew upon The Papers of Alexander Hamilton.
- December 2014: Read about the newest Commission members and the latest grant deadlines, PERTTS, SERI, and the Saving of Electronic Records, transcribing Yates, President Theodore Roosevelt and the Archives, and Reimagining Archives in a Digital Age.
- September 2014: Read about the latest grant deadlines, preserving family archives, the Arizona Historical Records Advisory Board, Trevor McKenzie, Project Archivist for the W. L. Eury Appalachian Collection, and the St. Albans raid.
- June 2014: Read about the latest grants, the first anniversary of Founders Online, the 100th anniversary of the Baltimore Museum of Art, and about primary sources used in print.
- April 2014: Read about the revised grants program, grant deadlines, political collections at the College of Charleston, the papers of Thomas Edison and President Thomas Jefferson and the Megalonyx.
- December 2013: Read about the latest awarded grants, George Washington's Financial Papers, regrants in Ohio, JFK and the Editors and the story behind "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Raeindeer".
- August 2013: Read about the latest grant opportunities, Martin Luther King Jr. and "I Have a Dream," Rhode Island and the Constitution, Regrants in Arizona, and Princeton's Cold War Archives.
- June 2013: Read about the latest grant opportunities and awards, and the Founders Online site launches.
- April 2013: Read about the latest grant opportunities, Frederick Douglass and The Columbian Orator, the Blackwell Family, Pioneer Days in Florida and Augusta County Chancery.
- February 2013: Read about the latest grants, the final volume of the papers of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, Digital Stewardship and the Environmental Design Archives.
- November 2012: Read about the Archives Leadersip Institute, The '12 Election, the Georgia Historical Society, ACLU Processing Project and Vermont court records.
- August 2012: Read about digitizing James Sayre Show Business photographs, The North American Journals of Prince Maximilian of Wied, State and National Archival Partnership (SNAP) in Missouri and the W. L. Eury Appalachian Collection.
- June 2012:
Read about Eleanor Roosevelt: Spokesperson for Democracy, The Briscoe Center for American History, Hubert Humphrey: "The Happy Warrior" and The Strange Case of Constantine Rafinesque.
- April 2012:
Read about the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Encoded Archival Description, and Stanford University's Archive of Recorded Sound.
- February 2012:
Read about the Mount Holyoke Electronic Records, Grant's final victory, and the Alaska Oil Spill records.
- December 2011:
Read about the George Kennan Papers, the Samuel Gompers Papers project, and Getty Research Institue project called "Living the American Dream: Housing and Urban Development in Los Angeles, 1936-1997.".
- September 2011:
Read about Interning at the NHPRC, the Founding Gardners, and projects at Duke and the Heinz Center for History in Pittsburgh.
- July 2011:
Read about NHPRC grant deadlines, the Spring Meeting, and news from the field.
- May 2011:
Read about NHPRC grant deadlines, FY 2011 Budget, and news from the field.
- March 2011:
Read about NHPRC Policy changes, grant deadlines, Founding Fathers Advisory Committee, and News from our Grantees.
- December 2010:
Read about NHPRC grant deadlines, Fall Grants, Founding Fathers Advisory Committee, Archives Leadership Institute and New from our Grantees.
- October 2010:
Read about NHPRC grant deadlines, Archives Month, papers of the War Department (1784-1800), Civic Engagement Collections in Pennsylvania, Alan Chesney and the Johns Hopkins Medical Archives.
- August 2010:
Read about NHPRC reauthorization, the new Commissioner Erin Mahan, the Kansas State Historical Society, Photo Archives at George Mason, and the Norman Rockwell Museum.
- June 2010:
Read about NHPRC grants, the new version of Annotation, the Selected Papers of John Jay and other NHPRC-funded projects.
- March 2010:
Read about NHPRC and Open Government, hidden archival collections related to Los Angeles arts and culture and renowned artist Rudy Wendelin.
- January 2010:
Read about FY 2010 Appropriations, Archivist Takes Oath of Office, Grant deadlines and The American Record.
- November 2009:
Archivist David Ferriero is new Chair of the NHPRC, applications for the Archives Leadership Institute, America's Swamp and the Grand Canyon.
- September 2009:
Read about John Quincy Adams on Twitter, NHPRC receives SAA's Distinguished Service Award, and much more news and information.
- July 2009:
Read about the NHPRC 75th Anniversary, reports on the FY 2010 budget recommendations, and news from our grantees.
- May 2009: HTML | PDF
Read about Summer Institutes and the Fiscal Year 2010 budget, and download the 75th Anniversary logo!
- March 2009:
Read about new Commission members, updates from NHPRC grantees, and more!
- January 2009:
Read about Lincoln, Obama, and the NHPRC and more!
- Annotation Archives
Annotation was published through 2008.